SodarTools Calibration System (CalSys)
The Sodar Tools Calibration System (CalSys) provides the
field test the performance of the Model VT-1 sodar system using a
laptop computer. Three software modules are provided:
PulseCheck, MakeTone and Transpond.
captures the Model VT-1 transmit pulse and analyzes it for
frequency with ±1-Hz accuracy.
provides a continuous output tone that is selectable in 1-Hz
increments and accurate to ±1 Hz. This tone can be used to
measure the frequency response of the Model VT-1.
generates test signals that simulate a user specified wind speed
and wind direction at a user specified height. These test
signals can be used to assess the accuracy of the wind data
reported by the Model VT-1.
- Provides convenient means of field testing the Model VT-1
- Certifiable against independent, certified standards
- Increases system confidence level
- Conforms with U.S. guidelines for sodar QA procedures
- Cost-effective compared to alternative means of sodar